Sunday, September 28, 2008

Engagement Photos

We just got back from our engagement photo session, and it was fantastic! The weather even cooperated. It was 16 degrees today-cool, but not so cold that I couldn't wear my dress. The sun came out just as we started, and looked really great with the yellow leaves.

Our photographer is the Winnipeg based Joseph Keith, and we were very impressed with him. He provided direction, but wasn't overbearing, and was encouraging, but didn't sound like a cheerleader. He showed us a couple pictures that he'd taken of us off the digital camera, and we were happy with what we saw. I was thinking it would be like going to the gym-I don't like doing it, but I like to see the results. I wasn't expecting to actually enjoy the session.

L got the easy part. He usually sat/stood in position, and I was asked to lean this way and that, bend this knee, put hands here. I held an awkward lunge position with head tilt and trailing hand for 5 minutes. It may not seem that hard, but try doing it with a smile on your face. Not so easy.

I can hardly wait until we get the pictures back, and he said that he could have them back as soon as thursday. Thursday!!

I feel completely comfortable with him doing our wedding photography. More than comfortable, totally excited!

No comments: