Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Napkin Treatment. What?

Sometimes a long engagement is not a good thing. If I was planning my wedding in only 7 months, I think that I would have to concentrate on the big things like where is the reception, and what dress am I going to wear. With a long engagement, you have the luxury, or the torment, to think about things like Napkin Treatment.





http://galleries.weddingchannel.com/odb/themes/weddingchannel/detailView.aspx?id=31630&type=19&WC%20Galleries=Flowers+And+Decor&WC%20Flowers%20And%20Decor=Menus+And+Napkin+Treatments&pageindex=1



http://galleries.weddingchannel.com/odb/themes/weddingchannel/detailView.aspx?id=31624&type=19&WC%20Galleries=Flowers+And+Decor&WC%20Flowers%20And%20Decor=Menus+And+Napkin+Treatments&pageindex=1

This last one is the most common napkin arrangement I've seen. I worked in a restaurant that had many wedding receptions, and this is how we did them. Its easy and takes very little time. Most of the servers would have made a pffftt sound if they'd been told to fold the napkins, tie a bow around them and then stick a flower under the bow.

But I kind of like the second one. How silly is that? Do my napkins really need treatment? I don't think so. Will I be thinking about it? Yes.

No comments: